Saturday, May 24, 2014

Lets Try this Again

I've done so well at blogging over the last year haven't I. ;P Yea...not so much. But once again life has brought about some exciting changes. I've finished my time in school. I won't officially graduate until December but I start student teaching in the fall. The last step before I can get my teaching license.  So your probably thinking this will help your blogging how? Well yea I won't be any less busy (In fact there will probably be more to do.) BUT student teaching means moving home and having my craft supplies just hanging out waiting for me to use it. I'm not making promises because I can't be sure I can keep them. I'm just going to try really hard to get back into the habit of this.

Oh don't worry this isn't just one of my I'm coming back and here's why I was gone posts. I do have something to show you today. But first this. My LSS (Local scrapbook/stamp store for those of you who might not know what that is) closed somewhat recently. :( As much as I miss the store. I've stayed in some form of contact with the owner and she has started up a new blog here. So you should go and check her out. :)

OK, OK, I know you really don't want to hear all that so on to what you really want to see.
Yeah! I made something. OK I've made things since the last time I blogged. But I made something and I'm blogging about it! 

The stamp is this one from Crafter's Companion that I bought as Scrapbook Expo last year. It's hard to tell in this picture but the card is actually a 5X5 square card. I made the yellow base out of a 12X12 textured cardstock that I'm guessing came from some almost used up paper stack that I had because it was attached to a white piece of textured cardstock in the way that paper stacks are but there was no sign of a cover or anything else to give me a clue as to where is was from exactly. I pink sparkle piece is from coredinations and I'm pretty sure that was actually a gift from my Grandma when I got my Cuttlebug 3 years ago for Christmas. The paper that the lovely princess is stamped on is from Office Max. It's the paper I always use when I color with my Copics. The princess is colored with Copics here's the list of colors.

Skin: E00
Dress: RV21, RV23
Crown: Y26 (The heart is RV21 again) 
The box: BV00 (The bow is RV23)
Hair: Y15

I did the grass and the sky in favorite way to do grass and skies with my sponges. Normaly I would use Memento Summer Sky as my sky color but my Summer Sky ink has gone missing (We've been moving stuff around again so I'm sure it's just hiding somewhere) so this one is actually Versamagic Sea Breeze. The grass is still my old standby Memento New Sprout. 

Now for the challenges! 
A Creative Need : MAY CHALLENGE #19 - Mother’s Day/Or For a Woman
A Creative Romance: Girly Creations 
Artbymiran: Challenge #6 Anything Goes 
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog:  Challenge # 95 - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend:For the Girls


Stay tuned for another card tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment